WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN ATTENDING NDC
December 2020: We are now in Tier 3. That means that we cannot provide physical classes for pupils over 18 years (unless in full time education or professional training), this will continue on Zoom. However, the UK Government will review tiers on 16th December, and we sincerely hope to welcome group adult classes back ASAP.
We have been advised by PHE that WE CAN OPEN FOR PHYSICAL CLASSES BUT ONLY FOR PUPILS UNDER 18s and for 1-2-1 ADULTS and couples from the SAME HOUSEHOLD OR BUBBLE
Therefore, our classes will recommence on Wednesday 2nd December and operate under our strict Covid-19 secure procedures and protecols. Now is the time to be even more vigilant and careful so we can all continue to dance. At NDC we take our responsibilities to the pupils, parents ans staff extremely seriously.
Here our the guidelines we have formulated in conjunction with PHE. A full copy of our Risk Assessment can be obtained by parents and pupils from our administration team. We have listed below some bullet points containing information that all pupils and parents need to know:
COVID-19 SECURE MEASURES:
* NEVER ATTEND A CLASS OR LESSON IF YOU FEEL UNWELL, OR YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 OR HAS TESTED POSITVE. YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM NDC FOR A MINIMUM OF 14 DAYS FROM THE SYMPTOMS STARTING OR A POSITIVE TEST.
* Please ensure you arrive within the time stated for your class and at the correct entry door (this is on the timetables HERE). ALL INDIVIDUAL TUITION AND ADULT DROP IN CLASSES ARRIVE THROUGH THE RECEPTION DOOR. PLEASE WEAR FACECOVERINGS UNTIL IN YOU ARE IN YOUR STUDIO
* Everyone entering NDC 12 years and over (apart from those in the exempt groups) must wear a face covering. Once in the well ventilated classrooms, and socially distanced, this can be removed, and hands sanitised. Staff and pupils can always wear a face covering if they prefer.
* Face coverings should be removed via the elasticated straps and placed in a small plastic bag, then placed in the individual shoe bag. Hands must then be sanitised. Masks should never be placed on the floor, windowsills, tables, or desks. They must be packed away.
* Face coverings must always be worn in Reception and corridors, except when behind the screened off desk area and socially distanced.
* Before leaving the classrooms, face coverings should be again in place for pupils and staff. This includes moving between studios, breaks and when visiting the washrooms. Please see the Government guidelines regarding masks in education HERE
* If pupils are early for a session please remain in the car until the doors to the studio are opened by our staff, or it is the time you have been asked to arrive. Our staff will then be at the doors to welcome pupils.
* If arriving by public transport, please remain socially distanced. Only one parent should escort their child to the building.
* Please use the barriers to queue and wait for entry or collection.
* There is no waiting in the building for ANYONE (unless pre-arranged with NDC for assessment or Individual Tuition sessions) We are not permitted to provide a waiting room or changing room.
* Upon arrival all pupils will have their temperature taken (via an infrared, non-contact device) before being admitted to NDC. If a pupil’s temperature is 37.5 or above they will not be allowed into class. Having passed the temperature check, pupils and staff will then use hand gel before proceeding any further.
* Pupils should arrive in a pair of ‘outdoor’ shoes (slip on preferably) and have all their dance shoes to wear in the studio. Adults please bring a second pair of clean shoes/trainers if you don’t have dance shoes. As pupils arrive, they will use the sanitising foot mats and then move into the studio to remove their outdoor shoes. Clean dance shoes will then be changed into. If pupils don’t have or have outgrown their dance shoes please let us know and we can order more! The outdoor shoes will be worn to return home in.
* Young children – No laces in shoes. (This is so the children can change their own shoes without contact from any of our staff).
* All personal items should be in one bag (labelled for children). This bag should be small and able to be carried over the pupils back or shoulder. This is to enable hand to be free to sanitise and hold on the bannisters. We have new NDC bags which are perfect for this!
* Children should wear their NDC uniform to class. They will not be getting changed, so whichever option of uniform they prefer should be worn for the whole class. If they are new pupils comfortable clothing such as vests, leggings for girls and t-shirts and shorts/tracksuit bottoms for boys should be worn.
* Adults should wear their usual comfortable clothing, but bring a change of shoes to dance in.
* Any coats or similar must be either left at home, or be able to fit into the pupil’s small bag. No other items should be brought to NDC except essentials within the pupil’s bag.
* Pupils must bring their own full water bottle. Please ensure they have enough to last the duration of their class. No food items should be brought to class unless agreed with NDC.
* Toilets are for the use of NDC pupils, staff and emergency situations.
* The staff WILL NOT make any physical contact with the pupils except in an emergency situation, masked to help young children, or if first aid is needed. NO partner dancing is allowed between pupils and staff. Only pupils from the same household or home bubble are permitted to dance together.
* Children drop off and collection: PLEASE BE PROMPT – arrival and collection times are essential to prevent large groups gathering in the car park. Once the pupil is dropped at their class, please leave the car park so the next group of pupils can arrive safely. THERE CAN BE NO WAITING IN THE CAR PARK IN VEHICLES. If a different adult is collecting a pupil please let NDC staff know.
* Parents, please use the barriers to queue for drop off and collection. This is to keep everyone safe and away from cars.
* Cleaning and infection control: Our studios, general areas and toilets are regularly cleaned throught the day with disinfectant and relevant cleaning products. All cleaning is recorded accordingly.
* All pupils, visitors and staff are logged for Test, Track and Trace. We are following GDPR, ICO and UK Government rules on this. Full details are HERE.