At Newcastle Dance Centre, we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. This Privacy Notice outlines what personal information we collect about you, how we collect it, and how it is used and stored.
Information We Collect
When you enrol onto our classes or request to be added to our waiting list, we will store and process the following data about you:
- Contact information (full name, address, email, telephone/mobile numbers) you provide on our enrolment form or via email
- Pupil’s name and date of birth
- Pupil’s relevant medical information and additional notes relating to pupils
- Information regarding classes pupils attend
- A record of payments received – note that card details are NEVER stored or kept on record
- A record of emails sent via the MemberMeister system, including which ones you have opened, and which links you have clicked on
If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
There are four bases under which we may process your data:
When you enroll onto our classes, you are entering into a contract with Newcastle Dance Centre. To perform this contract, we need to process and store your data. For example, we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of emergency regarding a pupil, cancellation of a class, class updates or outstanding fees.
At times we process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate business interests. We use our legitimate business interest as the legal basis for newsletters sent via email using Mailchimp, an external email provider. You will be given an opportunity to opt in to receiving emails when you first enroll with us.
For all our public performances, including recitals and showtime productions, Newcastle Dance Centre are legally obliged to apply for individual performance licenses, body of persons approval or performance license exemptions from the local authority. Due to this, we are obligated to share personal pupil data including full names, DOB and postcodes with the local authority to obtain the relevant license.
For any situations where the three bases above are not appropriate, such as sharing data for exam entries, we will ask for your consent to share personal information.
What we do with the information we gather
Your data may be used for:
- Communicating class updates/cancellations/fee payments/exam sessions and other class specific information (Contract basis)
- Emailing newsletters with details of term dates, new classes, special offers and upcoming NDC events. At times this may include promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting (Legitimate interests’ basis)
- Applying to the Local Authority for performance licenses (Legal obligation basis)
- Submitting examination entries to the Northern Counties Dance Teacher’s Association or International Dance Teachers Association (Consent basis)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We therefore ensure that:
- Electronic information stored on our database system (MemberMeister) is password protected.
- Only NDC Principals and Admin staff have access to full pupil data. Teaching staff have access to pupil names, DOB and medical information.
Will Your Data be Shared with Anyone?
We will not share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. *
Only the following people/agencies will have access to your data:
- NDC Principals & Admin staff who manage and process our pupil files.
- Teaching staff (pupil name, DOB & medical information only) to manage pupil attendance and progression and be aware of any medical requirements.
- Local Authorities (pupil name, DOB & address) for performance license applications, when required.
- Northern Counties Dance Teacher’s Association or International Dance Teachers Association (pupil name & DOB only) for examination entries.
- We use MemberMeister database software to store pupil records and send communications. This system is password protected and only approved users have access to the system, along with MemberMeister support staff.
*Only in the extremely rare instance of a legal order, or where with-holding data may pose a serious safety risk, would data ever be shared without your consent.
How Long Will Your Data be Retained?
Newcastle Dance Centre will store pupil data for as long as the pupil attends classes with us.
Child Pupils – Pupil attendance is regularly reviewed and monitored. If pupils have not attended classes for over 4 weeks, and no information has been provided regarding their absence, it will be assumed that they no longer wish to attend classes and personal records stored will be destroyed or archived, if records contain invoice data required for auditing. An email will be sent informing parents/guardians of this.
Adult Pupils – As our adult classes are primarily ‘drop in’ classes, there are at times irregularities in pupil attendance. Therefore, pupil records will be stored until you inform us you no longer wish to remain on our database. If you request to be removed, all personal records stored will be destroyed or archived, if records contain invoice data required for auditing.
If you have requested to have your details added to your waiting list, data will be stored until you inform us you no longer wish to remain on our mailing list. You will receive an email informing you that your details will be removed from our waiting list.
If you wish for your data to be removed from our systems, please contact us via email or phone using the details at the end of this policy.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed onto your device by some websites that you visit. They are widely used to provide website operators with information on how the site is being used.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites from our own
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the data corrected. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Who is Responsible for Data Protection?
Hayley Conway (NDC Principal) is responsible for data protection at Newcastle Dance Centre. Newcastle Dance Centre is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). If you have any concerns about how we handle your data, please contact [email protected] / 0191 2739987. If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the ICO.